The scoreboard had to be properly divided to reflect the fact that teams can compete in different categories.
Updated on 6/30/2023
- We communicate on LRA 2m repeater at 147.270 + .6 PL 127.3Hz PL tone. Hunters have to check in to the NET at the beginning of the hunt and inform the Fox if they are laving the hunt.
- Team size. 1 car up to 4 hunters.
- Each team will record mileage at the starting point and report to the Fox.
- Winner of the hunt will be the Fox for the following hunt.
- Transmitters – Fox can choose to hide his own transmitter or use one or more transmitters provided by the Club. The transmitters will remain enabled and concealed for the entire duration of the hunt.
- Frequency – Hunters will be informed of hidden transmitter frequencies by the Fox, at the beginning of the hunt.
- Transmitters have to be located within the hunt area and accessible to participants without necessity of trespassing or paid entry.
- Scoring – Team scores will be determined based on the number of transmitters found. In the event of a tie, priority will be given to the team that has driven the fewest miles.
- 1 point for taking part in the hunt.
- 1 point will be awarded for each transmitter found.
- 1st place will receive 3 points.
- 2nd place will receive 2 points.
- 3rd place will receive 1 point.
- Scoring classes:
- Equipped – team using any kind of automatic direction finding equipment such as a Doppler set or other SDR solutions like KrakenSDR.
- SOP – (Seat Of the Pants) – anything else. HT using your body as the shield, tape measure and multi-element yagis, loop antennas etc.
- Fox points – Team hiding the transmitters will receive 3 points.
2023 Fox Hunt Schedule
1/14 – January 2023 LRA Fox Hunt
2/11 – February 11, 2023 LRA Fox Hunt
3/11 – March 11, 2023 LRA Fox Hunt
4/22 – April 20, 2023 LRA Fox Hunt
5/20 – May 20, 2023 LRA Fox Hunt
6/17 – June 16th, 2023 LRA Fox Hunt